Wednesday, November 5, 2014

McCutcheon Crew Listing

When my brother and I were very young, our father kept us up late one evening telling us about his time with VPB-118. He never told us the whole story again; in fact I have no recollection of him talking about his military service again except to other veterans on Ham Radio. One of the things he talked about was when the McCutcheon crew got shot down. The wingman, Horse Thompson, then fought off the Japanese boat that shot them down, and which then tried to come in to capture or kill the survivors.

Darrel White, son of Glen White, provided us with a scan of the original McCutcheon crew photo and yesterday he provided me with the identification of the airmen in the photo. I just modified the page with this new information.

http://www.vpb-118.com/McCutcheon.php

No comments:

Post a Comment