Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day


Happy Independence Day, anyone who might be reading this. I'll be scanning some stuff today and if things go quickly may even post new stuff to the VPB-118 site.

Sunday update: I finished scanning the scrapbooks of John Hanan. There are some remarkable images in it. He was co-pilot of Mike Keiser's plane, and as such had great opportunity to snap some memorable shots. He seemed to be somewhat of a shutterbug as well, so it was a fortunate combination. I made some formatting corrections to the website but did not have time to make any new pages with the new images. Here's a sample; I'm not sure what airfield this is. I think it may be a Japanese airfield because photographing an American airfield might be a security risk. But I really am not sure whether that's even true.

No comments:

Post a Comment