Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grand Rapids Reunion

As I have mentioned, the VPB-118 Reunion is planned for August of this year, in Grand Rapids, Michigan. There's been a little bit of head-scratching about what the activities might be in Grand Rapids. I've pointed out that Battle Creek, not terribly far away, is where the Kellogg's cereal empire is centered. This evening I happened to look at an email newsletter that just came in and was stunned to see this enormous cast horse, designed by Leonardo DaVinci five hundred years ago. This is a modern casting of a recreation of his sculpture. I guess this would be an interesting attraction to visit! At this time I have no idea if this is under consideration, but it pretty much debunks that notion that there's not a lot of note in the area. I provided a link to the story alongside the image.

Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park Welcomes Six-Millionth Visitor

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Andrew Keiser. My grandfather Norman Michael Keiser served in the VPB-118. I want to learn more about the reunion this year; dates, accomodations, etc. I look forward to hearing from you. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please email me to get on the mailing list. My email address link is on the "about" page. Tom Hanan, son of John Hanan, has been at the reunion. Also, Glenn Barnes & family hosted the reunion in Rapid City, SD, several years ago.

    ReplyDelete