Sunday, June 13, 2010

Minor Milestone Passed

I completed updating the look on the crew pages this morning. I still have a lot more pages and content to update and/or add, but it's great to finally have completed this part of the work. I had to adapt some of the content to the new look, which slowed things down. Also, I realized that a few crew members that were listed on the crew pages were not listed in the master roster list. This was because the information for these crew members came not from the original source, the book, but rather from a crew member from that particular crew. The crews in question were relief crews, which were poorly documented owing to lack of action logs, since by then the war was over, as well as the physical disconnect from the original crew members and the relief crews.

This morning I happened to take a look in a folder that contained an early version of this website and was struck by how simple it was back then - just a few pages, really. Now it's gotten to be quite a job to update globally, since there are many dozens of pages. I'm not sure how many pages there are total, but it's really grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment